YFE18B21S – 1.5 TON, 14 SEER (NEW)
The YFE models are a new offering in our successful LX Series split system air conditioner lineup. These units are optimized for the new 14 SEER Regional Minimum Efficiency in the Southeast US, and feature a tube-in-fin condenser coil, scroll compressor, and copper filter-drier. These outdoor units have been specifically designed to be matched with Johnson Controls Unitary Products indoor coils, furnaces, and air handlers to provide a complete system solution.
- Quality Coils – Enhanced aluminum fins are mechanically bonded to copper tubing.
- Scroll Compressor – Featuring the newest generation of high efficiency scroll compressors.
- Copper filter-drier – The factory installed filter drier features copper construction for reliable long term protection.
- Easier Installation – Independent panels provide quick access for unit setup. Installation time is reduced by easy power and control wiring access. Select indoor matches with factory-mounted TXVs are available for quicker system installation. The factory installed filter-drier and factory charge for a 15-Ft lineset means less time spent brazing and charging the system. The small base dimension and reduced unit clearances make for easier retrofits.
- Accessible Information – QR code on unit provides quick access to technical documents and warranty information.
- Durable Finish – The coated steel wire fan guard, coated external fasteners, and pre-treated G90-equivalent galvanized steel chassis components resist corrosion and rust creep. Champagne colored powdercoat paint further protects external panels.
- Rugged Coil Protection – Coils are protected from mechanical damage by a proven stamped steel coil guard design.
- Protected Compressor – Compressors are protected internally by a high pressure relief valve and a temperature sensor, and externally by the system high pressure switch. The liquid line filter-drier is factory installed to protect the compressor against moisture and debris.
- Reliable Operation – Ball bearing fan motors provide superior performance in extreme temperatures.
- Environmentally Friendly – CFC-free R-410A refrigerant delivers environmentally friendly performance with zero ozone depletion.
- Top Discharge – Warm air is blown up, away from the structure and any landscaping and allows compact location on multi-unit applications.
- Low Operating Sound Levels – The sturdy cabinet and top design provides sound performance of 76 dBA or lower. Compatible accessories for further sound reduction are also available.
- Better Service Access – Diagonal base valves with open access for low-loss fittings, single panel access to the electrical controls, swing out control box for full corner access, and removable fan guard allow easy access for unit maintenance.
- Agency Listed – Safety certified by CSA to UL 1995 / CSA 22.2. Performance certified to ANSI/AHRI Standard 210/240 in accordance with the Unitary Small Equipment certification program.